Re: licence of LDP

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> It prohibits derivatives and then goes on to say that you may publish
> partial copies.  The trouble is, as far as copyright is concerned, the only
> part of a derivative that matters is the partial copy it contains.

However, as far as contract law is concerned, I'd think I could validly
offer you the privilege of making partial copies of my work, in return
for a promise not to add anything to said partial copies?

Of course whether you have accepted my offer or not would be a
somewhat open issue, but that only gives you the choice between
being sued over unauthorized copying or breach of contract.

--
Henning Makholm