Re: APSL 1.1

Chip Salzenberg <chip@perlsupport.com> wrote:
> > Do you have a lawyer's professional opinion on that approach?

I should also note that I don't buy into the idea that law is beyond the
understanding of an intelligent person.  If someone makes a statement
about the way a court is likely to decide there *must* be some kind
of references which back up that opinion.

A professional opinion which isn't backed up by any kind of legal
reference (to law, case history, or regulations) is as much wishful
thinking as anything else.  [Yes, there is some validity to the hunches
of an expert, but they do not carry legal weight.  And, when the expert
has a vested interest in a certain outcome there's not much point in
pretending that the opinion is independent of those interests.]

--
Raul