Re: WTEST license conditions

Gregor writes:
> From your understanding: Would we be allowed to include this piece in
> Debian (i.e. is it DFSG free) or is not not ?

What he has done is release wtest under the GPL with the added condition
that it is not free for commercial use and that you must get his permission
to use it to test commercial web sites.  He can do this as long as he is
the sole author.

non-free.

> That's all about the license terms, the actual (C++) source files don't
> have a note on the author, nor a license plate nor a copyright line.

It is poor practice not to put a copyright line in each file identifying
the author and referencing the license file.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)