Re: is this free?

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 08:32:28AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 11:56:57AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > You are free to mix the code with other code, though. All DFSG free
                                      ^^^
Note the lack of the word `any'. :)

> The DFSG doesn't require that you can freely mix code from arbitrary
> packages.  That's not its purpose.  To achieve that, you start with some
> collection of licenses (the kernel licenses) and look for software whose
> licenses allow being be freely intermixed in the same program(s).

Maybe if Guy's package pool setup actually takes off we should go ahead
and make a GPL-compatible-software-only subset of main easily available.
The `elitist' distribution, or something. :-P

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds