Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation o

> Debian has remained (relatively) pure, but no one outside of
> the hardcore Linux community has heard of Debian!

This is where the association with Corel is very useful to Debian. In our press
releases, media interviews, every product demo at tradeshows and in every discussion
with our corporate partners we always say we're based on Debian and promote it as
the best distro available. Corel reaches people who aren't Linux savvy and are
outside the Linux community because that's the market we've been part of for years.
The message those people hear is that Corel is based on Debian and Debian is the
best Linux distro.

Erich Forler
Product Development Manager
Corel Linux

--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail