Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

I looked at the web page you sent me.  It does not seem to violate
the GPL as regards the GPL-covered programs included in it,
although there are some subtle issues I haven't yet figured out.

It does say that some non-free programs are included in the system.

The tendency (which did not start here) to increasingly accept
non-free software as part of the "Linux" system is very dangerous.
I don't think that the term "precedent" is appropriate for instances
of this, but the overall tendency could negate the good that we have done.