Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated. 2.5.0-rc2-16-g615f278

On 2011-07-15 09:54, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Niels Thykier wrote:
>
>> [...]
> Not sure if this change was reviewed later (I'm going through the backlog),
> but #!/bin/dash scripts were intentionally left REQUIRING a dependency on
> dash based on a concensus in -devel.
> The goal is to leave /bin/sh as the Essential interface, and dash as a
> specific requirement. Perhaps we should have filed a bug against policy
> right-away...
>
> Cheers,

I vaguely remember chatting Adam about this over IRC before committing
it.  Anyhow the issue was that dash was regarded essential one place
(Depends) but not in terms of scripts (the /bin/dash line).
  Personally I do not mind reverting it, but I feel we have to take out
dash is essential as well or use a new tag for "/bin/dash" (asking
people to use /bin/sh instead, incl. a reason for why).

~Niels