Re: New release for lintian?

On 2023-10-12 10 h 41, Nilesh Patra wrote:
Hi Axel/Bastien,

Over the past few days I've tried to merge some of the pending MRs and
also push minor changes on the lintian repository.

To me it feels like a new release is *long* pending and at this point it
*really* needs one given that there are multiple fixes done in salsa in
the past months, which also includes a fix for RC bug#1042049 (lintian
FTBFS in unstable at the moment).

Would you consider to do a review and upload a new release to
unstable, please?

Let me know.

Best,
Nilesh

Hello!

Thanks for your work.

If you have time, I had identified the following MRs are "it should probably be OK to merge" in another email I sent to this list:

* https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/407
* https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/453
* https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/458
* https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/462
* https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/471
* https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/472
* https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/473

It would be a shame if there was a release without some of those, as a few are trivial (yet pretty important for teams like the Python Team) :)

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau