Re: New release for lintian?

Hi Louis-Philippe,

Context: I had told Axel and Bastien that I'd seek their opinion before merging
relatively big changes, so I've left some of the MRs as is. That said, I
do have some comments below:

> I had identified the following MRs are "it should probably be OK to merge" in another email I sent to this list:
>
> * https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/407

I want to merge this, but as it was discussed on the MR, it needs a
policy change, which is tracked in:

Seems there is an agreement for the change as well, but there's no new
debian-policy released yet, and I'd want to process this bit only after
it's formally in the policy.

> * https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/453

I've set an auto-merge for this -- should be in as pipeline passes.

> * https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/458
> * https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/462
> * https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/471

These look like relatively big changes to me, so I don't want to merge
it w/o further reviews.

> * https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/472

I'm tempted to merge this so maybe I'll take a closer look when I have more time.

> * https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/473

This was already merged ~12 days ago.

> It would be a shame if there was a release without some of those, as a few are trivial (yet pretty important for teams like the Python Team) :)

I understand, I'm a member of that team as well :)

PS: Party when? :P

Best,
Nilesh