Re: Input from DebConf: Common README.Source file

Le Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:47:51AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
>> In that case, med-config is mabye not the best choice.
>
> Well, name wise it is not really the best choice.
> It is just the case that each med-* package depends from it which
> might be an advantage to avoid adding addtional dependencies.
>
>> How about a `med-policy'
>> package that would contain the README.source and our group policy?
>
> I was hesitant to add another "small" package.  Unfortunately my work
> on med-doc which I had planet for DebConf (and traveling) was not even
> startet.  This might have been another reasonable target package for
> such documents - even if I would not really love to make many packages
> dependant from a lot of Debian Med documentation.

Hi Andreas,

I think that the issue is more to make our source pakcages build-depend
on something, rather than having the binary packages depending on it,
since README.source is not present in them. `med-doc' indeed seems a
good target for providing our group policy and a document referred by
README.source (in the end, why not our policy itself?).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,