Re: Input from DebConf: Common README.Source file

Le Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 05:41:16PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm just sitting in
>
>     https://penta.debconf.org/dc8_schedule/events/238.en.html
>
> and the idea to have some unified README.source per group might make
> sense.  I could imagine to put this into med-config meta package which
> has good chances to be installed anyway because every med-* metapackage
> depends from it.  We could make our team maintained packages dependand
> from med-config and just link to README.source.
>
> What do you about this?

Hi all,

wouldn't a package that contains README.source as a symbolic link need
to build-depend on the package that provides the target file? In that
case, med-config is mabye not the best choice. How about a `med-policy'
package that would contain the README.source and our group policy?

In the end, what we need is some kind of "Build-Recommends"
relationship ;)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles