Re: ePCR subfolder

On 6/12/19 2:22 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Dear Saira,

Hi Andreas,
On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 05:53:28PM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:

You need not compile the package from the source in a usual way. A
proper way would be to build it using pbuilder or sbuild in a chroot
environment. If you have any problem with one of these packages, feel
free to ask here. I have just checked epcr on my computer (sbuild -d
sid) and the built has finished successfully, so I guess it should work
for you as well.
Great. I followed your suggestion on doing that. I am entering a schroot and
the running a debuild inside there! Thanks :)

By chance I'm stumbling about this sentence of yours (I was a bit
offline-ish last weekend).  Please do *not* enter a schroot *manually*
and than run anything.  You should either use pbuilder or sbuild.  Both
are quite equivalent tools (I prefer pbuilder since I always had trouble
to setup sbuild but may be that's just me) and do everything for you.

I was probably a bit unclear as I was trying different methods at the time. I am now indeed using indeed pbuilder in order to create build! The problem I had with pbuilder initially was that I got the following message: Can't build Debian source package - dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)'

I am not exactly sure why is this happening but I did find a workaround: Delete the debian/source/format file then it happily (p) builds!

Happy to know if there's another way to avoid this error in the future or if actually the package needs some changes to be commited and fix tihs issue.

Thanks again
SH
Please confirm once you have successfully used either pbuilder or sbuild
or tell us what kind of trouble you might face.

Hope this helps

         Andreas.