Re: ePCR subfolder

Dear Saira,

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 02:24:39PM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:
> > > Great. I followed your suggestion on doing that. I am entering a schroot and
> > > the running a debuild inside there! Thanks :)
> > >

> > By chance I'm stumbling about this sentence of yours (I was a bit
> > offline-ish last weekend).  Please do *not* enter a schroot *manually*
> > and than run anything.  You should either use pbuilder or sbuild.  Both
> > are quite equivalent tools (I prefer pbuilder since I always had trouble
> > to setup sbuild but may be that's just me) and do everything for you.
> >
> I was probably a bit unclear as I was trying different methods at the time.
> I am now indeed using indeed pbuilder in order to create build! The problem
> I had with pbuilder initially was that I got the following message:
> Can't build Debian source package - dpkg-source: error: can't build with
> source format '3.0 (quilt)'

Uhmmmm, I've never read that and I'm using pbuilder for >10 years.  It
does not make any sense at all.

> I am not exactly sure why is this happening but I did find a workaround:
> Delete the debian/source/format file then it happily (p) builds!

That file is important and should not be deleted and I do not see any
reason why this should be a problem for pbuilder.  May be you have
another look at the Debian Med team policy[1] seeking for pbuilder?  It
is better if we end up with a proper setup at your site which does not
require hacks like deleting important files.

> Happy to know if there's another way to avoid this error in the future or if
> actually the package needs some changes to be commited and fix tihs issue.

No, not really.  That file is a no-brainer and should be there.
Something else seems to be wrong but you need to provide more
information about your setup.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/