Re: [MoM] Packaging mindthegap (Was: [MoM] Packaging mindthemap)

Hello,

Many thanks to both of you. I haven't had the chance to read all of the replies but I certainly will. The build was failing due to hdf5, so I have patched that up and the build runs successfully within pbuilder, and has generated a .deb file, which is still great news.

I have never worked hands-on like this with CMake nor multiple dependencies so I have certainly learned a lot in terms of communication paths and the packaging process itself, which is of course something to extend and improve on, but we all start from somewhere so thanks!

I will fix any character length violations, then push all my changes I have done. I don't think the package installs in the correct directories yet so I will look into that by digging into the documentation and refactor some files under debian which seem to be incomplete (such as copyright) and look into running lintian to ensure policy satisfactions.

Many thanks and I will keep you up to date,
Shayan Doust