Re: Please help fixing meson/cmake code of btllib to use Debian packaged libargparse

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2023-12-30:
> Am Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 04:28:39PM +0100 schrieb Étienne Mollier:
> >
> > autopkgtest-pkg-python can be requested to use only one python3
> > version by specifying the X-Python3-Version field in d/control,
> > first paragraph.  It is a consequence of autopkgtest-pkg-python
> > using `py3versions --requested`.
>
> Uhmm, I was not aware of this.
>
> > That being said, routine-update looks to drop this field without
> > checking the python3 version selected.  I assume there was a
> > good reason to drop this field extension in the past, but
> > py3versions(1) manual does not really hint that this field is
> > obsolete.  Perhaps switching the build dependency to enforce
> > python3.11 (or python3.12) over generic python3 would be a
> > working alternative.  In any case, both methods will require
> > manual work on python3 version upgrades.
>
> I've fixed routine-update to not remove that field.  I do not
> have more time now - so if you feel like fixing libsbml that
> would be great.

Thank you for the modification, I'm running some test builds to
see how things evolve with the newer python3.12, just in case,
and may come up with an upload in the upcoming day or two.

Have a good night,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  pgp: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da