Re: A few new-maintainer questions.

Hi,

	Action replay follows.

>>"Adam" == Adam Di Carlo <apharris@burrito.onshore.com> writes:

>>"Zephaniah" == Zephaniah E, Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net> writes:

 Zephaniah> A few questions..
 Zephaniah> 1: What is a good way for handling the version fields to
 Zephaniah>    reflect that the upstream version is a beta? In this
 Zephaniah>    case the upstream version is 1.05beta10, leaving me
 Zephaniah>    with a bit of a problem (for when 1.05 is actually
 Zephaniah>    released)..  Note that I do have a good reason for
 Zephaniah>    packaging the beta version and not the stable release
 Zephaniah>    before it

 Manoj> I tend to prefer versions like 1.04.99999.beta10 or
 Manoj> 1.04.99999.pre5.beta10 ;-)

 Zephaniah> Ick, perhaps we could use a new field?

 Manoj>  Umm, I think that is a bad idea. A new field should not be
 Manoj>  introduced lightly, and having one just because of aesthetics
 Manoj>  is not acceptable.

 Zephaniah> This seems to come up a bit too often, hmm, perhaps
 Zephaniah> something in the policy could help?

 Manoj> Develoeprs reference, maybe. This is not a policy issue.

 Adam> *perk up*  Huh? What?   What are we talking about here?

	This is where we came in.

	manoj
--
 Military justice is to justice what military music is to
 music. Groucho Marx