Re: wannabe developer seeks mentor

Oscar Levi wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 11:22:41PM +0900, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:
> > I have already read the "Debian New Maintainers Guide" and, as stated
> > there, I have packed first a simple program. It is my own program and it
> > uses VDK, therefore it is packed with libvdk.a statically linked.
>
> Perhaps you might look for interested users instead, people who will
> install the deb and test the program.

Actually I'm still seeking for a mentor for helping me in packing
libvdk. I have to admit that I am seeking people to install and test my
program :-). I already discovered a useless thing I have done: as I am
the author also, I thought it will be better and easyer for me to add
the libvdk.a in the original tar.gz. to let others compile my program
even if they don't have VDK installed. That's quite stupid as if they
don't have VDK, then they don't have the headers either, so no use at
all to include libvdk.a. So I will remove it from the original tar.gz
and make a new release of it. Anyhow, I have to correct one "small" bug
that can sigsegv my program, so the deb file will have to be changed
also.

TIA,

Ionutz