Re: postinst?

Hi,
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> All that debhelper will do is to place appropriate lines in the
> postinst to handle "standard" things such as info file installation,
> window manager installation, suidregister and so forth.  As soon as
> you want to do something package-specific, you have to write your own
> postinst.  Incidentally, for debhelper to put *anything* in a
What a pitty... right now I get a postinst.debhelper which contains:
# Automatically added by dh_installmenu
if test -x /usr/bin/update-menus ; then update-menus ; fi
# End automatically added section
and maybe more for sgid files.

> maintainer script ({pre,post}{inst,rm}), you need to have at least the
> following minimal script:

> #! /bin/sh
>
> #DEBHELPER#
>
> I don't believe that debhelper will create the script otherwise.
I have to put that into postinst and postrm? Then the update-menu and sgid
stuff will be added by debhelper? Good then. Will try at home (can we have
something like this in the documentation, as an example please?

> postinst:
> ---------
> #! /bin/sh
> if [ "$1" = configure ]
> then
>   if [ -d /var/games ]; then DIR=/var/games; else DIR=/var/lib/games; fi
>   touch $DIR/mylog
>   chown root.games $DIR/mylog
>   chmod 664 $DIR/mylog
> fi
>
> postrm:
> -------
> #! /bin/sh
> if [ "$1" = purge ]
> then
>   if [ -d /var/games ]
>   then rm /var/games/mylog
>   else rm /var/lib/games/mylog
>   fi
> fi
Thanks for the example, but I see no #DEBHELPER# ? I just add it after
/bin/sh before my "private" script?

Ciao,
Christian.