Re: vrweb, newbie maintainer/developer

Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 12:24:22PM -0700, Andrew D Lenharth wrote:
> > FHS specifies /usr/share/doc for docs while we use to use /usr/doc
>
> Who's "we", exactly? Debian's latest Policy uses FHS (plus symlink in
> /usr/doc).

I agree that we should be migrating to /usr/share/doc following
the decision of the technical committee, however...

The latest debian-policy package is 3.0.1.1 updated on Aug 16th,
and does not document the symlink in /usr/doc.

Ironically, while the debian-policy says you should use
/usr/share/doc/PACKAGE, the package installs its own files in
/usr/doc/debian-policy/ !

It's all a bit of a mess right now.  I would be happier uploading
fixed packages with a symlink in /usr/doc if I had a proper
policy version to insert in the control file.

Peter