Re: Easiest way to Debianise a package?

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 06:00:41PM +0200, Ivan Vucica wrote:
> I'm looking for a smarter way to produce Debian packages for future
> games, out of SVN'ed, autotools-using projects.

You should check out the cdbs package which has an autotools helper.

As an example, take a look at the rules for my couchdb package:

  https://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/erlang-pkg/couchdb/trunk/debian/rules?sc=1

At the top I include:

  include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/buildcore.mk
  include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
  include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/autotools.mk

This is enough to build a basic autotools package for you automatically.

HTH,

--
Noah Slater - Debian GNU/Linux <http://www.debian.org/>