Re: How to troubleshoot conffile files problems

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 1:05 AM Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 04, 2021 at 11:29:58PM -0500, Tong Sun wrote:
> > > You should remove them manually in postrm, but only on
> > > purge.
> >
> But now you will need to also recover from a bad state
> left by upgrades to 1.5.7-1.

Ah... it is getting more and more complicated. Nobody would be able to
upgrade to 1.5.7-1 normally, so it is OK to use next good version as
the fix please? Else, all the upgrade related problems can be easily
fixed by purging the old version, and installing a brand new version.
Would that be OK as the fix please? This is really a simple script,
and I really hope that the debian side won't be complicated by any
one-off end cases.

> > How to do that please?
> The correct way, it seems, would be to follow the suggestion in the
> original bug report and fix the "rm -f /etc/dnsmasq.d/dbab.*" line in
> the 1.3.3-1 postrm.

I still don't quite understand what you actually mean, but let me make
a guess (and commit) and you can tell me if it is what you mean or
not...

thx Andrey