Backporting package which missed bookworm.

Dear list,

I'm trying to handle the opencpn package. Upstream has just released 5.8.0. Despite other intentions, it has thus missed bookworm.

Hence I need to use the backports. I see no particular problem with backporting 5.8.0 from sid/testing once it's there to bookworm-backports.

However, what about bullseye-backports? At which point can I backport the package in sid (yet ot be uploaded) to bullseye? Of course, what I want is to do it "now".

Any advice out there?
--alec