Re: Backporting package which missed bookworm.

On Mon, 2023-04-17 at 18:02 +0200, Alec Leamas wrote:

> Hence I need to use the backports. I see no particular problem with
> backporting 5.8.0 from sid/testing once it's there to bookworm-backports.

This can only happen after it reaches testing, so after the bookworm
release after testing becomes trixie and opencpn migrates.

> However, what about bullseye-backports? At which point can I backport
> the package in sid (yet ot be uploaded) to bullseye? Of course, what I
> want is to do it "now".

That isn't possible, but you can upload to bullseye-backports-sloppy:

https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/#index4h3

   With the release of a new stable version uploading packages with
   versions greater than in new stable or new stable-security are not
   allowed. So if you want to upload a new package version from e.g.
   bookworm to buster, use buster-backports-sloppy as the target
   distribution.

--
bye,
pabs