Re: No USB DVB-T adapter seems to work on NUC 5CPYH

Le septidi 7 messidor, an CCXXIV, Dominique Dumont a écrit :
> This message indicates that the key no longer replies on the usb bus. It may
> be due to a bad hardware, a bug in firmware (or wrong firmware or wrong
> version).

These are the likely causes, but note that the fault does not necessarily
lies in the device, it can also be a problem with the USB hub. I have
observed different kinds of devices (card readers, wireless keyboard
dongles) working when connected to one hub and not on another.

> In my experience, only hauppauge HW works fine (admitedly, my experience is
> based on 5 devices which is not statistically significant)

I can vouch that this device:

ID 0ccd:0078 TerraTec Electronic GmbH Cinergy T XXS

has been working quite well for seven years, even surviving the switch to
HD. (The IR remote control receiver does not receive anything despite
appearing as an input device, though; but a wireless numpad does the trick
as well; and maybe I am missing something to enable it.)

In general, for hardware support, I would trust the authors' wiki:

https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George