Re: Enabling flambda

Hi,
(Disclaimer: I'm nobody in debian, I'm here because, for years, I tell myself I should help maintaining ocaml-packages but I've never taken the plunge).

I would like to be stronger in favour of doing so but I'm afraid the answer has to be "Don't do it":
Oasis 0.4.7 does not work with 4.03.0+flambda (see https://forge.ocamlcore.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1674&group_id=54&atid=291 )
For now, there is Oasis 0.4.6 in Debian which is compatible with flambda and a workaround for the issue is trivial: https://github.com/ocaml/oasis/commit/712e751d47f7e3f014c21389a09b08791565237f

Anyway, the bug in flambda (fixed in 4.04.0 by https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/commit/82e8ce75bd8a1c9e9f989903ae74928846b31b15 (I have no idea whether the patch applies upon 4.03.0)) it reveals looks to me too serious to make all ocaml code compiled in Debian leaving with it.

That's sad.
Pierre B.