Re: CI tests failing for some OF packages

* Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2022-09-14 12:03]:

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2022-09-13 16:41]:

Hi Rafael,

Le mardi 30 août 2022 à 09:28 +0200, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
For some time now, the autopkgtest runs for some Octave-Forge packages at
ci.d.o are failing. e.g. [1], with this strange error message :

    Correcting dependencies...Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
    Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
    Investigating (0) autopkgtest-satdep:amd64 < 0 @iU K Nb Ib >
    Broken autopkgtest-satdep:amd64 Depends on dh-sequence-octave:amd64 < none @un H >
      Considering dh-octave:amd64 0 as a solution to autopkgtest-satdep:amd64 -2
      Removing autopkgtest-satdep:amd64 rather than change dh-sequence-octave:amd64
    Done

This did not happen in previous runs, like [2].

Does anyone has a clue about what is going on?

It looks like dh-sequence-octave is included in the dependencies of the autopkgtest. And since it is a virtual package, the resolver refuses to consider it for some reason.

Now, dh-sequence-octave is not needed at autopkgtest time. So the fix is probably to remove it from the list of autopkgtest dependencies. I suppose that simply adding dh-sequence-octave to the following list would do it: https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autodep8/-/blob/master/support/octave/generate#L8

Thanks for the investigation and for the proposal, Sébastien.

However, the problem seems to be gone away, without any need for intervention:

https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/o/octave-audio/25955828/log.gz

But I agree with you that autodep8's file support/octave/generate should be updated. I will take care of it.

Done: https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autodep8/-/commit/87528202bea31bfade5a208b12ed705f6f9b3bd8

Rafael