Re: New Octave Packages platform

* Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2022-09-14 11:09]:

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2022-09-13 17:10]:

I just wanted to mention that new infrastructure for hosting Octave packages:

https://octave.discourse.group/t/welcome-octave-packages/2954 https://gnu-octave.github.io/packages/

At this point I’m unsure about what this implies for our Debian packaging, in particular for debian/watch and for the Homepage field in debian/control.

Thanks for the heads up, Sébastien.

I tested the following debian/watch file (for octave-audio, in the example below), and it worked for uscan:

   version=4
   https://gnu-octave.github.io/packages/audio/   \
       https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/octave/Octave%20Forge%20Packages/Individual%20Package%20Releases/audio-(.+).tar.gz

I will mass-update the packages in Salsa.d.o.

It is done. I did some elementary tests to ensure that the changes are okay, but some corner cases may need further correction.

Best,

Rafael