Re: Octave 9 transition

* Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2024-02-10 09:32]:

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2024-02-09 21:20]:

I have uploaded octave 9.0.90 to experimental.

The next step is to try to rebuild all packages against octave 9 (both those within and outside the DOG), and file bugs accordingly (in Debian and if needed upstream), or upload fixes if they are already available.

I launched a batch for building the Octave-related packages against Octave 9. Let us see how it does.

So far, I have detected problems only in octave-sparsersb and octave-level-set. These are now fixed on unstable. There may be other packages that FTBFS against octave v9. We will see.

I also noticed that Octave 9 breaks SWIG. This would also cause FTBFS for the plplot package. I proposed a patch upstream: https://github.com/swig/swig/pull/2799

Best,

Rafael