Re: Perl upgrade : part 2

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 12:09:22AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Yes I did not intend to NMU lintian since there are other things to fix.
> But when you released 1.4, you could have added the | perl5 to the
> depends line (it was after the beginning of the perl upgrade if I recall
> correctly). :-)
Actually, I had the package completed and just not uploaded for some
time... It was really my mistake in not uploading it.  I plan(ed) a 1.5
release shortly there after before I get to work on 2.0 (policy 3.0.0.0).

> > As it is, I"m not ready to install perl-5.005 yet.. not until more of the
> > "important" packages (in contrast to wmweather) are upgraded.
>
> You don't need to install perl-5.005 for correcting your packages ! You
> just need to update the dependency line of your perl scripts. The only
> persons who really need to install perl-5.005 are those who have
> binary perl modules ...
>
> And the day where most of the job for the perl upgrade will be done, if
> lintian is not yet finished for the new perl, I'm willing to help you
> since it's something that we really need. :)
Best thing is to get some of those checks to me.  In that bug report you
listed a few problems.. I need packages that generate the report and the
actual report in question.  There are many and I don't know all of them by
heart the way the original authors do.  For the packages, either the names
of the package so I can get it from the archive or the actual deb if it's
not in the archive yet.  That'd be the best help.. basicly narrowing down
the hunt for me.