Clarification on new Perl module packaging procedure

    Brendan> Perl module packagers should note that the procedure for
    Brendan> building packages has changed.

    Ben> Just for clarification, what does:

    Ben> "Binary modules must specify a dependency on either perl or
    Ben> perl-base with a minimum version of the perl package used to
    Ben> build the module, and must additionally depend on the
    Ben> expansion of perlapi-$Config{version}."

    Ben> mean?

Nobody answered this question, and it's pretty important to me for
building Perl modules.  perlapi-$Config{version} does not look like a
substvars construction, and I still have no idea what it means.

Can someone please explain this?

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters E and Y and the number 12.
"Atatakaku natta kara, otaku to uchi no kazoku de, nani ka shimasen ka?"