Re: libfoo-bar-baz-perl: New upstream release

Hi Ralf, Hi Stephen,

Am Donnerstag, den 22.09.2005, 15:59 +0200 schrieb Florian Ragwitz:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 02:42:41PM +0100, Stephen Quinney wrote:
> > Good reminder or not, I think it is considered polite to have some
> > public discussion or issue a warning before commencing on a mass bug
> > filing project.
> >
> > The Developer's Reference section 7.1.1 "Reporting lots of bugs at
> > once (mass bug filing)" says:
> >
> > "If you report more than 10 bugs on the same topic at once, it is
> > recommended that you send a message to debian-devel@lists.debian.org
> > describing your intention before submitting the report, and mentioning
> > the fact in the subject of your mail."
>
> You're right on that. Sorry, no good reason for not having done that.
> But I really doubt that the discussion on that topic would have resulted
> in some changes. Reporting bugs seems to do mostly.

For the pkg-perl packages, I think Ralf's behaviour is ok. After all,
the messages went to the -maintainer list, which is for automated mails
(PTS, bugs, katie). And I do hope everyone on that list filters his
mails in folders per list :-)

I would actually encourage such semi- or fully automatic messages, as we
have a lesser than usual connection with upstream in the Debian Perl
Group and thus need these reminders.

Greetings,
Joachim
--