Re: upstream-vcs

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 16:58:00 +0100, intrigeri wrote:

> gregor herrmann wrote (24 Dec 2013 21:16:42 GMT) :
> > I've now pushed a first draft of dpt-import-orig to the
> > pkg-perl-tools git repo, based on this idea.
> I've just pushed a few minor fixes on top of it. My quick testing
> didn't show anything broken by my changes, but I can very well have
> missed something.

Thanks for the review and the improvements!

> Also, having the "git remote add" functionality in the import-orig
> script looks like a bit loose separation of concerns to me. E.g.
> I could want to offer my existing local repos the new remote, without
> pretending I am importing a new upstream release.

Good point.

> I'm not volunteering to do it, but how about moving into a dedicated
> script the code that's about adding the upstream-repo remote if
> available (lines 14 to 40), and calling it from import-repo?

Makes sense.
And: done :)

So now we have:

=item B<debian-upstream> - create debian/upstream file from META.{json,yml}

used conditionally by:

=item B<upstream-repo> - add upstream Git repository as git remote upstream-repo

the new one as per your suggestion, used (if the remote misses) by:

=item B<import-orig> - git-import-orig wrapper with upstream tracking support

Looking forward to further reviews, tests, and improvements!

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Carole King: Smackwater Jack