Re: Rebooting Low-Hanging Fruits sessions

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 10:47:11 +1200, Robin Sheat wrote:

> intrigeri schreef op di 26-08-2014 om 10:49 [-0700]:
> > at the yearly team meeting at DebConf, we decided we wanted to have
> > Low-Hanging Fruits (LHF) sessions again, and have them on a fixed day
> > every month.
> Is there some blurb somewhere about this? The spirit is obvious, but I'd
> like to know more detail :)

There should be threads on debian-perl@lists.d.o about the previous
sessions ... Ah, here's the (probably) last one:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2014/03/msg00009.html
    (planning for April; seems like we wrote no report :/)

https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2014/03/msg00014.html
    (report from March)

> Is it debian-perl specific, or across the
> whole project?

The former.
So far the sessions have brought together a handful of contributors
from the pkg-perl group to work on some easy but tedious tasks at the
same time wile coordinating on IRC and encouraging each others :)

> I mostly ask because my employer has recently been doing
> a day here and there of getting more people around with working Debian
> procedure knowledge (packaging, patching, etc.) and it'd be something we
> would probably make an effort to synchronise with where possible.

This sounds more like a tutorial/mentoring/intro session which would
also be nice to have. Of course everyone is invited to the LHF
sessions but they are more targetted at already active contributors.

Do you have any more details about what would help your
team/employer?

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Dido: This Land Is Mine