Re: Request for review - A number of packages

On Sun, 2023-06-18 at 17:22 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 23:32:07 +1200, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>
> > In preparing to upload Request Tracker v5.0.4, I've had to prepare a
> > number of new packages for CPAN
> > modules. Can I please have them reviewed, and hopefully uploaded?
> >
> > libtest-snapshot-perl
> > ---------------------
>
> Reviewed, and a few minor TODO items added to d/changelog.

All fixed.

I'll note that currently all of these packages will be team uploads, as
while I'm listed as a Maintainer, I'm not (yet) a DD, so I can't do the
initial upload. Unless upload permissions can be granted before the packages
are first uploaded.

> > libbadger-perl
> > --------------
>
> Also reviewed, and my notes are also in d/changelog; mostly minor but
> one real blocker as well this time …

Hmm, this one is a bit more interesting. `make test` runs okay, but the
autopkgtests to run -c against each module doesn't.

I've patched the one with a syntax error. There are two that still don't
compile. I haven't crawled into the code, and would rather not :). I've
raised bug reports upstream[0][1].

Given the shipped tests pass, is it acceptable to filter these out of
autopkgtests?

> I guess some of the notes also apply to the other packages, so I'll
> stop here :)

I've checked the others and updated with the provided feedback from the
first two.

Cheers,
Andrew

[0] https://github.com/abw/Badger/issues/20