Re: abandoning the rules of discourse

I think you are right there is not much left to be said.  However, it is
comforting to note that this one ugly thread is the only I have seen in
all my time on the Debian lists.  Looked at in that light it's sort of
reassuring.  If bad threads are so incidental, I can comfortably ignore
them.  And while the lists are certainly not under the same protection as
the press, I think censoring or limiting the availability of them is still
not a good idea.  If communication lines are open, you will get some odd
balls, it's to be expected.  Knowing that, you can account for them.