Re: Maybe it's time to split debian-devel-changes

Previously Santiago Vila wrote:
> In the meantime, I think we should start thinking about the splitting of
> debian-devel-changes, creating lists for every architecture (we have
> already seven).

What is wrong with using procmail for that? I have the following in
my procmailrc:

:0:
* ^X-Mailing-List:.*debian-devel-changes
{
	:0:
	* ^Subject:.*(source|i386|all)
	deb-dev-changes

	:0:
	* ^Subject:.*(powerpc)
	deb-dev-changes-powerpc

	:0:
	crap
}

So I get only uploads for i386 and powerpc, the rest is filed in my crap
folder. It's easy to expand this to do further filtering.

> * Binary-only uploads for the i386 arch, when the source maintainer does
> not usually work with the i386 architecture.
> * "Source and i386" uploads.
> * "Source and all" uploads.
> ( And "source-only" uploads, if any).

That's ugly. If I only wanted to see alpha uploads I would still have to
subscribe to the i386-list to see architecture independant uploads.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl