Re: [rms@gnu.org: Free Software Needs Free Documentation]

Hi,
>>"Enrique" == Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

 Enrique> Because that does hurt the non-english-speaking
 Enrique> free-software community.  Good software needs good
 Enrique> documentation, but to a non-english speaker a manual written
 Enrique> in english is like no manual at all.

	Fine. I agree when we are talking about documentation for
 software.

 Enrique> Let's talk about technical documents then. I don't care much
 Enrique> about the immutability of a novel or a poetry work.

	Oh, I agere with you as long as you are talking about
 documentation fo software. Standards are different, since often
 interpretation of standards may depend on nuanvces that could be lost
 in translation.

 >> How about an original Graphic Novel? How about James Joyces
 >> "Ullyses"? Do you approve af people punctuating Joyce's books?

 Enrique> I remember seeing a few 'annotated "Ulisses"' books last
 Enrique> time I went to the English Literature section of the
 Enrique> university library. I guess that's common practice.

	Annotation is different from modification.

	manoj
--
 You must include all income you receive in the form of money,
 property and services if it is not specifically exempt.  Report