Re: changes and standards documents

Hi,
>>"Jules" == Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

 Jules> I agree with Phil here.

	The only reason Phil had was sanctity of main.

 Jules> I vote for maintaining the 'sanctity' of main.  The only
 Jules> exceptions

	Exceptions? There is no such thing as almost pregnant. If
 there are exceptions, you can make an exception for standards
 too. (You wanna throw out the FSSTND too, since it is not DFSG free?)

 Jules> that I personally would grant are: 1) legal
 Jules> licenses (e.g. the GPL itself) and 2) short, relevant personal
 Jules> communications (such as when we stick an email from the
 Jules> upstream maintainer in /usr/doc because it explains some point
 Jules> of contention).

	Why? What harm dos the community suffer from Debian
 distributing the FSSTND?

	manoj
--
 There seems no plan because it is all plan. C.S. Lewis