Re: changes and standards documents

Hi,

 Raul> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
 >> You do this, then it is no longer a standard, it is the
 >> documentation of a particular program.

 Raul> So?  We're talking about treatement of the document, not
 Raul> treatment of the specifically named standard.  Otherwise it
 Raul> would be sufficient to call it something else when dealing with
 Raul> a work derived from the document.

	I think you hacve lost sight of what we are talking about. I am
 saying that if the standard does give distribution rights under an
 immutability clause, the community suffers no harm from distributing
 the document.

	I suspect this discussion was a red herring ;-)

	However, we seem to concur about the non main verbatim
 section, and possibly about the need for a DFDG for that section, so
 I'll not carry this discussion further.

	manoj
--
 "I can handle reality in small doses, but as a lifestyle it's much
 too confining." Lilly Tomlin