Re: Why I don't share Manojs fears.

On Sat, Aug 15, 1998 at 07:58:20AM +0000, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 1998 at 08:14:34AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > >
> > > 	To me you are. And, I suppose, you would agree to creating a
> > >  verbatim section, and putting all these unmodifiable documents in
> > >  there?
> >
> > I understand it?
> > main
> > contrib
> > verbatim
> > non-free
> >
> > Is this right?
> >
> > verbatim only for standard, law?
> > or documentation too?
> > or software too?
> >
> > I agree with a verbatim distribution only for text (include documentation)
> > but not for code.
>
> I don't see the point of a verbatim dist..  Perhaps a verbatim section in
> main...?

distribution is a question of the copyright: free or non-free

Section is a question of the use (software for write text go to the section
text)

A name like 'immutable' is perhaps better!?

We should make a proposal and after that mail it to devel.
(my english is not good... can make a other the proposal?)

Grisu

--
Michael Bramer - a Debian Certified Linux Developer        http://www.debian.org
PGP: finger grisu@master.debian.org   --   Linux Sysadmin   --  Use Debian Linux