Re: Licenses for non-software entities

> 	You have heard incorrectly. The GPL comes with this immutable
>  license:
>                     GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
>                        Version 2, June 1991
>
>  Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>                        59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
>  Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
>  of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

Right, but if it came with a licence like this:

                      GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
                         Version <mumble>, June <mumble>

   Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
                       59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
   This licence is covered by the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE.

We might understand what was going on (being well versed in recursion) but
most of the legal profession would probably start giggling hysterically, and
have to go for a lie down to recover.

It really doesn't matter how ``right'' a recursive license might seem to us,
if the result is something that is unenforcible, because the lawyers don't
understand it.

Cheers, Phil.