Re: Distribution of license documents (fwd)

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 06:34:36AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Any package which consisted of standalone licenses would go in verbatim.
>
> Note that at least some licenses should be part of the base system.

I think he already included this in his proposal:

"It is not entirely clear whether all licenses *require* distribution with
binaries, but some certainly do, and we continue to distribute licenses
with binary packages, as a courtesy to the author (and some licenses may
legitimately require that we do, of course)."

Jules, did I understand you correctly that you mean with "standalone
licenses" licenses that don't apply to any work specifically (for example a
package with example licenses for you to pick from, or a document analysing
the benefit of various licenses etc.)?

Thank you,
Marcus