Policy on games' high-scores files

>From discussions on IRC and from lintian errors, I can see that files
in /var/lib/games/ (generally high-score and save-game files) should
not be conffiles, but instead should be managed through the
postinst and removed in the postrm if we're doing a purge.

This makes a lot of sense.

However, I don't think this is explained anywhere in the Policy Manual
-- in fact, conffiles are not mentioned in Policy at all. The
Packaging Manual does talk about them, but doesn't say anything
about special rules for high-score files and other game-related
files.

Can we get a policy decision on this?

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters N and Y and the number 15.
"Step away from the car. This car is protected by Viper." -- TMBG