Re: [rms@gnu.org: Free Software Needs Free Documentation]

I think I have a proposal for a condition to help identify
documentation which ought to be DFSG-free:

If a document (or other work or part of one) is so closely connected
to a piece of software that when modifying the software a
conscientious programmer would wish to make a corresponding change to
the document, then the document is `part of' the software and must be
DFSG-free.

Note that I don't necessarily say that the converse is true.  I'm not
sure whether there are any documents (or other things) which don't
meet this criterion which ought to be DFSG-free.

Ian.