Re: contact address for virtual package name list

Hi,

 Darren> On 25-Aug-98 Adam P. Harris wrote:
 >> 3. Mail the maintainer of the virtual package name list (Christian
 >> Schwarz <schwarz@debian.org>) notifying him of the consensus reached (or
 >> your suggestions if noone objected).  Please include a proposed brief
 >> description of the new virtual name(s) for the list.  The list
 >> maintainer will then post the new list to debian-devel and upload it
 >> to the FTP site.
 >>
 >> This email address should be changed to either a new virtual mail
 >> address (i.e., <virtual-packages@debian.org>) or to Debian Policy
 >> <debian-policy@lists.debian.org>).
 Darren>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 Darren> This paragraph makes it sound like all discussion has taken
 Darren> place so (probably on the list) so I'm not sure it makes
 Darren> sense to use this email address.. either option 1 or a new
 Darren> maintainer's...

	If the virtual packages list is considered to be a policy
 document, then amending it can follow the proposed guidelines (using
 the minimum discussion period). I think sending the suggestion to
 debian-policy or directly filing a wishlist bug and looking for
 seconds should be the way t go.

	manoj
--
 When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Hunter S. Thompson