Re: FWD: dh_compress

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 09:26:46PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> I just want to know the definition of "small".

I presonally like the 4k definition.  The default blocksize used on a
partition DOES vary based on the size of the partition, and nothing
smaller than 4k is going to benefit seriously from being compressed.

I understand the theoretical 4095 byte file, but if you changed it to 2k
there would be the theoretical 2047 byte file and the 1023 byte file ...
IMO it ain't broke, soo...

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3
>   >I don't really regard bible-kjv-text as a technical document,

> It's a manual -- for living.

But it hasn't been updated in a long time, many would say that it's
sadly out of date, and the upstream maintainer doesn't respond to his
email.  :-)
        -- Branden Robinson, Oliver Elphick, and Chris Waters in a
           message to debian-policy