Re: a nitpicky reading of policy

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 12:08:07PM +0100, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> I think this is a good idea (as long as not too many extra packages
> pop up because of this.)

I can see some merit to this, but I think the issue is that the
X version fails to provide all the functionality of the non-X
version.

[This is the case for vim, if I recall correctly.  Are there any
other examples where we have x and non-x versions?]

> > On a completely different subject, I'm not so sure that TeX and LaTeX
> > should really be standard. [reasons snipped]

LaTex, I agree.  TeX, maybe -- I'd like to see your reasons.

--
Raul