Re: Redundant code for non-us?

[Sorry for cross-posting, but someone in -policy might object to
 me planning to doing the following in the first place.]

The next release of powstatd will contain crypto code and will
produce a crypto pacakge in main/non-us, and a crypto-free
package in main.  I plan to have a _single_ source package in
non-us for both binary packages (although it's probably initially
easier to have two source packages, it's more elegant to have a
single one).

Will there be technical difficulties associated with a main
binary package having its source in main/non-us?  I'm thinking of
access to the sources for auto-builders and possibly from the
Debian web page itself.

Thanks,
Peter