Re: webmin license

<corrected my typo in the headers from the last message :( >

The question is a real one: the webmin license is free for Linux
only.  Thus webmin could conceivably be judged DFSG free for
Debian GNU/Linux and fall into non-free for all other ports.  I tend to
agree with you, but this question must be posed and an answer that is
satisfactory to all must be agreed upon relatively quickly now that there
are two porting projects on the books.  There is one point, you
and I are falling into the "port" problem--again, I think that there needs
to be a verbal distinction between a port of Debian GNU/Linux to other
architectures and port of the Debian userspace to other kernels.  A
license that restricts architectural ports is unequivocally foolish, one
that restricts kernel ports is often perceived as less foolish, though
IMHO it's just as foolish.