Re: webmin license

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, John Galt wrote:

> <corrected my typo in the headers from the last message :( >
>
> The question is a real one: the webmin license is free for Linux
> only.  Thus webmin could conceivably be judged DFSG free for
> Debian GNU/Linux and fall into non-free for all other ports.  I tend to

No way. It is not DFSG free, because it imposes restrictions which are
not allowed by DFSG (it allows commercial use only on certain platforms,
this means restrictions in use, see dfsg paragraph 6.) It does not matter
at all that it allows commecial use on linux. It doesn't allow it
generally.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/